Standard Housing Loan
- Variable rates pegged to Base Rate (BR)
- No notice required on extra repayments made
- Can include or be converted to overdraft facility
- Available financing for Mortgage Reducing Term Assurance (MRTA) premiums
- Standing instruction on monthly instalments is available
The BR is made up of two parts, the Bank's benchmark cost of funds (COF) and BNM's Statutory Reserve Requirement (SRR) cost imposed by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).
The Bank's BR and Base Lending Rate (BLR)/Base Financing Rate (BFR) may increase or decrease due to changes in the benchmark cost of funds (COF) and changes in the BNM Statutory Reserve Requirements (SRR). Changes in the benchmark COF could occur due to changes in the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR) as decided by the Monetary Policy Committee of Bank Negara Malaysia, as well as other factors such as changes in the Bank's funding strategy or cost of raising funds.
The current Base Rate effective from 27 July 2016 is 3.72%.
The indicative effective lending rate for a standard 30 years housing loan/financing facility of RM 350,000 is 4.80%.
Historical Benchmark COF and Base Rate